Friday, July 10, 2009

Kalli's Answers to Kim's Questions

Kim - Rockin' survey!! Here are my answers:

1. Five Things Everyone Should Know About You?


Ok...let's do this countdown style:

Number 5: I'm 25 and I've been married to my wonderful husband for two years. :)

Number 4: I love Starbucks. Like a lot. Like the barristas at "my" Starbucks (yes...I have a Starbucks that I call mine) know my name and when I come in, most of them ask if I want my usual. It's sad but true. My favorite drink is a Misto - it's steamed milk like in a latte but with coffee rather than espresso. It has the consistency of a latte, but with less caffeine and much cheaper! If you haven't tried one you should!!

Number 3: I'm just a bid OCD. Not serious enough to need drugs or therapy...but still...I have my quirks. You know...pillows in place on the couch, things in the right place on the kitchen counter...not too strange - right?!?

Number 2: I LOVE going to the movies!! And when I go...I love eating popcorn...it's the perfect movie food EVER!

********* drumroll please
*********

Number 1: Kalli isn't my real name. (LOL - Bet you didn't see that one coming!) Ok...so here's one of those stories I mentioned that would take more than 140 characters. I am a grad student at a university deep in the heart of Texas, and when I'm not writing my dissertation, my "job" is teaching college classes...which I absolutely LOVE doing! While I'm super proud of my Twilight obsession, I think my students might think I was crazy if one of them found me on Twitter. So...when I opened my Twitter account, I picked a name that I liked to use as my "super secret identity." LOL!!

2. When Did You First Read Twilight (year) and how many times have you read a Twilight Book (total)?

Out of all 7 Twilight Soul Sisters, I think I'm probably the most recent convert to the Twilight world. When I was teaching summer school last year, I had a student who told me I needed to read the Saga, and I figured she was right...but just didn't have the motivation to pick it up. Then the hubs and I went to see Twilight in November. I liked it, but I still didn't pick up the books. Finally, on a flight in April (yes, sadly, April 2009...just three months ago), a friend convinced me to start reading Twilight...and that was all it took. I finished all four books and Midnight Sun in five days.

Since I'm always going through the books to look for quotes to post on Twitter...I usually don't read them cover to cover. But I easily go through at least one of the books on a quote search every week.

3. Team Edward or Team Jacob? Why?

Team Edward. Not even a question for me. When I read New Moon the first time, I literally had to skip most of the middle third of the book and make sure Edward would come back before I could go back and read the Jacob section. Edward is just too amazing - infinite patience, totally humble, smoldering eyes, a constant desire to hold and kiss his girlfriend, an amazing family, and he DAZZLES people...need I say anything else?!?

4. Which Character Are You Most Like?

That's tough...I don't know that I'm 100% like any one character...but I'm probably some combination of Esme and Bella. I definately have mothering tendancies like Esme...which is probably why I love teaching. But I really am pretty clumsy like Bella. When I took PE in school, I was pretty much as disasterous as she was at Forks High.

5. Favorite Books?

Um...Twilight obviously! I love Harry Potter as well. Pride and Prejudice is my favorite "classic" book. I also love Gregory McGurie's books - he's the one who wrote the novel "Wicked" that inspired the musical. If you haven't already, you should check his books out.

Sadly...since I spend lots of my time trying to become Dr. Kalli...I don't get a lot of time to read for fun...boo! Most reading for fun these days is Twilight fan fiction...whew...that is some hot stuff!! Need some reccomendations? Just ask! :)

6. Favorite Song from the Soundtrack?

Ok...I really can't pick just one. I'm an emotional music listener, so my favorite songs change based on my moods and activities. When I'm driving, my favorite is "Spotlight." When I'm listening to my iPod and powerwalking across campus, my favorite is "Supermassive Black Hole." When I need to chill, I love "Bella's Lullaby." And when I want to put myself in the "vampire story mood," my favorite is "Eyes on Fire." But then again...I don't really hate any of the songs on the soundtrack either!

7. Favorite Quote?

Ok friends...if I couldn't choose one song from a soundtrack of 13 songs...how on earth would I be able to choose one quote from over 2500 pages?!? Whew! I think I'll just close by saying that I share four of my favorite Twilight quotes on Twitter everyday. Follow me on there at @CullenHouse! :)

2 comments:

  1. What. Your name is not Kalli. I feel so... not sure how to describe it.

    I totally understand not wanting your identity known. I hid my picture forever and made my profile private because I am job hunting. (Someone at one of the places I applied followed my tweets. I thought he crossed the line of privacy.) All I can say is wow.

    I wonder when we will find out your "real" name. (I use a fake name at Starbucks when ordering coffee.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I FEEL SO USED!!!!!!! That's not your name!?!

    ACK.

    p.s. - I relate to SO MANY of the answers in your quiz. Oh, man... it's like we're sisters.

    seriously.

    except that you lied about your name. >_<

    ReplyDelete