Friday, July 31, 2009

New Moon Soundtrack

Ok so we have 111 days until the anxiety is over and we FINALLY get to see NEW MOON! *squeals*. Ok sorry. So with that said I am here to give a list of songs I think should be on the soundtrack! Please feel free to add your thoughts and songs in the comment box below. : )

Up first-Kelly Clarkson's "Did You". Song talks about her asking the guy who left her 'did you ever care about me' which would fit into the whole Bella/Edward leaving scenario.
*du du du dud deedd du du beep beep* BREAKING NEWS! It has been reported on various sites that "Did You" by Kelly Clarkson will in fact be featured on the New Moon Soundtrack. Back to your reguarly scheduled program. Also the only other confirmed song is "I know who I am" by Band of Skulls. I have the song, its not bad! Im assuming its going with Jake somehow.

Up next "Pieces" by Red. I don't remember where I heard this, it might have been SM's website, but this song is the bees knees when it comes to talking about Bella and Jacob. This song states in the lyriscs "I come to you in pieces and hope you can make me whole" WOW. She all but says that! Plus its just a kick ass song!

Next song which is also by Kelly Clarkson-"Haunted". Talks about looking for someone because they can't find them and they need them! The urgency she sings with, sounds like what Bella would sound like.

Next on Val's list-o-songs: Hana Pestle-"need". It's a great song about missing the one that you can't live without. She is actually trying to get this on the NM soundtrack by pimping it out. I like it, very sweet!

Another song: By The Format "On Your Porch". To me this is a song that reminds me of Jake and how he is hopelessly in love and he would just come to her front porch to be near her. Not in a creepy stalker kinda way though. The music that accompanies the lyrics is very, how do I say this, tugs at your heart strings. If you haven't heard this song, I suggest you check it out. I love it!

Ok the next song is for my fave character Alice. When she is hauling tail throgh Italy-I think they should play Van Halen's "I can't drive 55" as in MPH's. I know this would never get put in there but its just funny. Just like Peter Facinelli's "Single Ladies" by Beyonce should play when Edward walks away from Bella. HILARIOUS!

Moving right along, another song I love dearly is "Blackout" by Muse. Serioulsy folks, if you haven't heard this song-stop reading right now, and go find it! This song would be PERFECT when Bella is laying in the woods. Im serious! Its so solemn and just sounds lonely like you've blackout out from some serious pain. Like losing the one you love!

Another song I love and want on the soundtrack somewhere is "You were meant for me" by Jewel. It just seems right to have that song somewhere. She is so alone in the song and that someday he'll see. Come to think of it...it could be from Jake's POV

Ok I think you'll agree that "World Without You" by Mitch Hansen Band should SO be on the soundtrack. I mean come on, its for New Moon about Edward learning Bella jumped and all that jazz!! Enough Said. LOL.

There is also Incubus's "Earth to Bella" pt 1 and 2. It could be used when she is "catatonic" as Charlie said the dr. described her as being. Check those out too! Great jams!

Ok the rest of this little list is just what I call "ehh could work" songs:
Stuck in a moment-U2
Damn Girl-All American Rejects
Hyper Music-Muse
What Hurts the Most-Rascal Flats(im on the fence with this one)
Don't Walk Away-The Mending Seed (GREAT song!)

That sums it up! So please share your thoughts and I will let Summit know what I come up with! PYSCH! HAHAHA. How cool would that be though!?

Too-da-loo!

***UPDATE***
I totally heard 2 songs today that I want to add to this list!!
Here they are:
"Time Stands Still"-All American Rejects. This song has actually been dubbed (Bella's Perspective) Great song that is sad but still has an upbeat tone too. But talks about how things used to be are just a shadow, and that she has lost her will b/c of being left and time standing still. Check it!

Song 2: "Fix You"-Coldplay. Totally a Jake song to Bella. Talks about how when you try your best and don't' succeed, and just everything is going wrong, and your crying-just come home and he will fix you. Seriously you guys, this is one of my all time favorite Coldplay songs. Its so "straight from the heart" and just a great song about devotion to someone. This is also on Stephenie Meyer's play list for New Moon. Her website is packed with play lists for each book. GREAT PLAY LISTS! Go under the Twilight series tab, and then each book has a tab on the left that has a link to her play lists for each book. You can even listen to the full song from her page! Ok, update complete. For now. LOL.

1 comment:

  1. Val - Such a great post!! I haven't listening to most of these songs...so I'm definitely going to check them out!!

    ReplyDelete