Sunday, July 19, 2009

New Moon Trailer Story...

Here's the story I promised earlier!

There are two pieces of background info you need:

1. So, last night the hubs and I went to see Harry Potter HBP, and we went to the same theater where I had gone earlier in the week for the midnight premiere. From my venting earlier in the week, you know that they didn't play the NM trailer before the premiere, so I wasn't expecting to get to see it last night either.

2. The hubs has started listening to NM on audiobook when we go on longish drives in the car, and we're about half-way through listening to the story at this point.

Ok...so the previews start last night, and we're about three in when I hear a familar sound. I literally think that by the time the coastline shot (you know the one I'm talking about *wink*) comes on the screen...I'm in shock. I had been waiting to see the trailer for so long and I was always on the edge of my seat holding my breath...and the one time that I'm sure we won't see it - we do. So...it takes me a few seconds to convince myself that yes...I'm really seeing this on the big screen and stop freaking out enough to start enjoying it.

But me finally getting to see the trailer isn't the cute part. So...we're watching and we come to the meadow scene...Bella runs...and Jake comes running and phases. So...just as it goes to the logo shot at the end...the hubs leans over and says "But that's not how it happened in the book..."

Now...I know it's not that big of a deal really...but I was just so excited that he was actually listening and paying attention to the audiobook enough to know the plotline that well that I practically spilled my popcorn turning to him to let him know that he was right and the trailer was putting together two different scenes there. By this point...I'm positively beaming!!

I still have a huge grin on my face and I'm proud to say that I think I have taken the first step to converting my hubs to Twilight!! Yipee!!

2 comments:

  1. Kalli I am so jealous for two reasons. 1.)My theater did not play the trailer. I was so jazzed and had butterflies and then when HP started playing I felt like I just realized Santa wasn't real.(Sorry if that spoiled Christmas for anyone,LOL) 2.)My BF won't even let me tell him about New Moon or anything Twilightish. He asks questions but won't let me take him on the wonderful and exciting journey into the world we love and know as the Twilight Saga. So to you I tip my hat. I have however brought my mom into our world and she is reading Breaking Dawn. She loves it! So I am slowly working on bringing more and more people into our wonderful realm of Twilight. Way to go on getting your hubs into Twilight! Thats awesome!! PS-I cried at the end of HP...I loved A.D. He was such a bada$$! anyways, great blog! :F

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a great blog story!

    My friends and family are back and forth with me. I have some who've read the books and can appreciate my love without loving it as much as me... but some won't even hear me talk about it.

    Sad.

    ReplyDelete